Go The Distance
This seven-module program provides faculty with a student experience, while meeting the needs of those with diverse teaching roles. The course models the practices and strategies we use when developing online courses for Bama By Distance students. Participants will experience a variety of content delivery methods within the course, including readings, interactive activities, videos, and course assignments. You will also have the opportunity to create components that can be used in managing and delivering your online courses.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine your readiness to teach online.
- Define common terms related to online teaching.
- Identify and explain the value of effective online teaching practices.
- Evaluate the benefits of teaching online.
- Describe strategies to increase instructor presence.
- Outline your communication and feedback plans.
- Select techniques for engaging students and building community.
- Identify and provide attribution for appropriate course resources.
- Describe the importance of ensuring that your course is accessible.
- Teaching for Bama By Distance
- Orientation to Online Teaching
- Instructor Presence
- Communication and Feedback
- Engaging Students and Building Community
- Copyright and Academic Integrity
The College of Continuing Studies partners with Credly to provide digital credentials for completion of select professional development offerings. In this course, you may earn a Credential in Online Teaching Best Practices for completing required activities, and an Advanced Credential in Online Teaching Best Practices after completing a set of additional activities.
UA faculty, staff and graduate students. An active myBama ID is required.
For more information or to register for Go The Distance, email Cheryl Bosarge.