Learn how to add content.
Below is a video that shows you step by step how to add content. Below the video, you’ll find step-by-step instructions you can print.
- Once you are in Blackboard, select a course. You will begin at your course entry point, which by default is the My Alerts page until content is added to the Course Homepage.
- Make sure Edit Mode is On.
- Click on Course Home Page in the course menu.
- Here you can add files to share content with your students. Choose Build Content from the content area menu, then File. File creates a link in the content area that opens a document. PDFs are ideal for read-only type documents such as syllabi and schedules.
- Name your file in the text box, then click Browser My Computer to find your file. In this case, we are uploading a syllabus. Click submit after you have chosen your file.
- We recommend the default File Options. Opening the file in a New Window can be problematic for screen reader applications, making the content inaccessible.
- In the Standard Options section, you can determine whether the file will be visible to students, track the number of views and specify when the file will be available.