Innovation Catalyst Award Programs
Pitch your idea to our selection committee on December 7 or 10, 2018 (Friday or Monday)
Innovation Catalyst programs give CCS staff the opportunity to benefit from Innovation
Team consultation and support toward a proposed Innovation Catalyst project. This
competitive, team-based award is offered in order to allow CCS staff a space in which
to develop and experiment with new processes, pedagogies, technologies, learning objects
and/or delivery methods in support of the CCS mission. Catalysts will present their
ideas at the Online Learning Innovation Summit (OLIS) on February 1, 2019.
The Innovation Team looks forward to working with motivated CCS staff who need expertise
and support to get their ideas off the ground. We are accepting submissions for any
project that promotes these qualities:
- excellence in customer engagement and/or customer support
- excellence in the delivery of interactive and engaging products and/or services
- excellence in the formation and/or enlargement of the CCS customer community
- excellence in pioneering new approaches to the use of technology in CCS products and
Innovation Team support and consultation time will be awarded to the top projects
in January 2019 at a reception honoring Innovation Scholars and Catalysts, whose projects
will also be highlighted at the UA Online Learning Innovation Summit on February 1,
- Applicant must be a member of CCS staff; team members may include faculty, content
experts or staff from other areas of UA.
- Proposed projects should aim for direct impact on customer learning and/or engagement,
excellence in products and services, exploratory use of technology, and/or fostering
of customer community.
- Proposals will include a budget for funds requested (if any).
- Proposals will include a timetable for development and pilot of proposed innovation
project, including a robust schedule for meeting and consultation with the Innovation
Team, projected over the course of development and pilot semesters.
- Proposals will include plans for assessment of impact on customer engagement, excellence
of services, formation or enlargement of CCS customer community, or other measures
relevant to the project.
- Proposals will include a letter of support from a supervisor allowing awardee(s) time
to work on project.
- Development and pilot phases should be planned to take place within the calendar year
- Awardee(s) commit to present a brief project pitch at OLIS and to share results at
future such events.
- Awardee(s) commit to share results at subject-relevant conferences and similar opportunities;
conference funding may be available through CCS.